Varsity

VARSITY FUTSAL PREVIEW: The University of Nottingham vs. Nottingham Trent University

Local rivals University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University will go head-to-head in a series of spectacular sporting events this spring, battling it out to be crowned Notts Varsity Champions 2019.

The University of Nottingham Futsal Club is enjoying their best year in the club’s history with their National League team currently unbeaten, BUCS first team achieving their highest ever finish plus the 2nd and 4th BUCS teams set for promotion. If this position is maintained, all the BUCS teams across the programme would have been promoted in the last two seasons.

The Varsity event in 2018 was the largest domestic futsal match ever in the UK with over 1000 spectators held at David Ross Sports Village, with the event this year set to exceed these numbers.

Having previously won 3 out of 4 Varsity events, Nottingham Trent University have held the advantage over UoN in terms of Varsity in recent years, yet the outstanding achievements both on and off the pitch at UoN have paid dividends. The University of Nottingham finished 3rd this season in the BUCS Premier League, their first season following BUCS promotion last year, whilst Nottingham Trent University finished 4th. The University of Nottingham won both their respective fixtures 6-3 and 4-2. The stage is set for it to be an enthralling encounter.

“The event promises to be a big one, and UoN need your support.”

“It is an exciting event and one many people are working hard to make a memorable occasion for futsal in England and a positive experience for all. It’s an opportunity to showcase and celebrate our sport as well as the talent and provision in higher education and more.” – Marc Forrest, Head of Men’s futsal.

As part of the series, the ambition is to showcase the enthralling, fast-paced small sided sport of futsal to provide a unique experience to spectators and students, aiding the future growth of the game in England nationally and internationally.

The event promises to be a big one, and UoN need your support. Come down and support the team, bring your friends along, and together let’s create a super atmosphere!

TICKETS: The Varsity futsal will take place on Thursday 4th April. Tickets will be released at 10am on Tuesday 26th February for students and non students via-https://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/ents/event/12419/

Do not miss the largest futsal event in the UK!

Jake Rigby

Follow @ImpactSport on Twitter or like the Impact Sport Facebook page for more updates and information on how to get involved.

Featured image courtesy of @UoNFutsal, via Twitter.

Varsity