Lifestyle

Europe’s Summer Sweet-Spots

With the summer holidays on the horizon, it’s time to start with the planning of your next big adventure or simply a well-deserved long weekend in the sun. 

“Make the most of your experience by taking advantage of the affordable travel in and around Europe”

If you are stuck for destination ideas, why not pick a few and make the most of your experience by taking advantage of the affordable travel in and around Europe. Here the student and youth travel experts at StudentUniverse share their ultimate European bucket list that is sure to satisfy those adventure and sightseeing cravings before heading back home to reality.

Attend Oktoberfest – Munich, Germany
Ladies- throw on a dirndl and gents – whip out your lederhosen! Brace yourself for a fun-filled day of German beer, massive pretzels, singing, dancing, and meeting new friends.

“You won’t want to miss out on these breath-taking views”

Picnic by the Eiffel Tower – Paris, France
Grab a bottle of wine, a baguette and of course- some cheese. Set up a little picnic near the Eiffel Tower and enjoy as the iconic monument sparkles in the evening sky.

Paragliding – Interlaken, Switzerland
Get your adrenaline fix from paragliding between the snowy mountains of the Swiss Alps and astonishing bright blue lakes. You won’t want to miss out on these breath-taking views from above.

“Take in the sights and enjoy being serenaded by your gondolier”

Take a gondola ride – Venice, Italy
Experience the classic method of transportation in the watery streets of Venice. Take in the sights and enjoy being serenaded by your gondolier.

Ride the London Eye – London, England
Hope you aren’t afraid of heights! Snap pictures of famous landmarks such as Big Ben and the Palace of Westminster from the ideal aerial view the Eye provides.

Go to the Guinness Storehouse – Dublin, Ireland
Explore the seven floors of the Storehouse which will teach you everything from the brewing process to the history of Guinness advertising. End your experience on the top floor where you can enjoy a pint at the Gravity Bar.

“A great way to get to know the city or see it in a new light!”

Take a boat canal tour – Amsterdam, Netherlands
One of the most memorable ways to experience Amsterdam’s sights and attractions is to hop on board a boat tour down the canals. It’s a great way to get to know the city or see it in a new light!

Check out StudentUniverse for the best deals on flights, hotels and tours!

Baillie Horwood

Image courtesy of Priyadarshi Ranjan via Flickr

Main Images courtesy of KenC1983 via Flickr and Drew Spencer via Flickr.

If you would like to write Travel articles for Impact Lifestyle drop us an email at lifestyle@impactnottingham.com.

Follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for more articles and information on how to get involved.

LifestylePlacesTravel