Feast upon these tasty stuffed potato skins with friends, or enjoy as a snack or side. The great thing about this dish is that any leftovers can be frozen. Just whack them in the microwave or oven to defrost!
- 5 large baking potatoes, washed and unpeeled
- 125ml soured cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Chopped bacon or minced beef
- 200g Grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Prick the potatoes, and bake in the oven for 1 1/4 hours
- In the meantime, make the mix by mixing together the soured cream, chives and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to touch, cut each in half lengthways.
- Leaving just a thin layer next to the skin, scoop out the potato and place into a bowl.
- Add most of the cheese and soured cream mix to the potato to make the filling. Spoon into the potato skins, and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cook for 20-30 minutes at 200C.
- Fry the bacon/minced beef in vegetable oil, and add some BBQ sauce (HP Honey BBQ works a treat).
- Once the potatoes are golden, sprinkle each with the meat and serve!
Image credits- Nika B. via Flickr