Impact Film & TV News

Because you’re all too busy at the cinema to keep on top of things, Impact Film & TV is here to provide you with a regular breakdown of some of the most important developments in the world of Film and TV…

fnsl

Nottingham Scalarama Festival

With the summer holiday drawing to a close, it’s time to start thinking about a new term at Nottingham. September will see the return of Scalarama to the city, a festival run throughout the film communities of the UK. For the entire month of September, the city’s film clubs and societies (including IMPACT!) will be putting on a huge variety of different screenings across the city, encompassing a huge number of genres and settings. If you feel like something a bit different, the chance to broadening your cinematic horizons as well as experiencing the expansive film culture on offer at Nottingham, check out Nottingham’s Scalarama events list here. And check IMPACT Issue #237 for an interview with local film club TKBZVCONC, available from Freshers’ Week.

ff2

Fantastic Four – Blame Game continues

By now, many of you will know that Fantastic Four was a not-so-fantastic flop, making a meagre $24 million on its opening weekend. The movie had a difficult production, with a number of re-shoots happening very late in the film’s production, but the level of disappointment amongst audiences is overwhelming. What you may not have realised is that the battle still rages in terms of who to blame: Fox or director Josh Trank. Whilst Trank claimed on Twitter (before removing said tweet) that his version would have been ‘fantastic’ but that audiences will ‘probably never see it’ as he was overruled by those with power. However, Fox claims that Trank was erratic on set, causing no end of issues with the films production. Who is telling the truth?  Who knows. Only time will tell whether the Fantastic Four sequel will happen, and whether it will be helmed by Josh Trank.

alice_through_the_looking_glass_2incredibles_2_teaser_poster_remake_by_msipcihkaeel-d95qrub

Disney D23 Expo

The D23 Expo has given fans of their films huge cause for excitement. With a trailer for Captain America: Civil War, the announcement of a new Star Wars themed land in Florida and California and the return of Orlando Bloom to the Pirates of The Caribbean’s franchises fifth outing, it seems the future of Disney properties is incredibly exciting. However, possibly highlight was the reveal of a huge number of sequel posters including Alice Through the Looking Glass, Finding Dory and Incredibles 2. This was also accompanied by the poster and plot synopsis of Toy Story 4 – a love story featuring characters old and new.

Henry Stanley

Impact Film & TV news – we find the news, so you don’t have to.

Got a local Film or TV news piece for us? Get in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment below.