New Year, New Shelfie, New You: Part Two

Image credit: Emma Heasman

With the New Year upon us, Impact Arts decided to give you some inspiration of how to pimp up your bookshelf to make it as fly as you are, adding some life lessons into the mix.

Image credit: Lizzie Robinson

Image credit: Lizzie Robinson

A lover of the natural world and nature, this shelfie belongs to a forest forager. Another crafty shelf, this person loves the artistic things in life, with paintings, embroidery and knick-knack hoarding. Compared to some of the more ordered shelves, this one teaches us to not care if society says something looks good – eclectic style always works.

Image credit: Emma Heasman

Image credit: Emma Heasman

Gothic but girly, this person loves a good Gothic novel – she loves Jane Eyre so much she’s got two copies! With the vintage-style photos and Pot of Dreams, this shelf shows their sentimental side. Here, good memories are both inside and outside novels.

Image credit: Ellen Smithies

Image credit: Ellen Smithies

Sentimental and minimalistic, but evidently a history buff, with the books on Ancient Greece and Rome. This inspires us to remember our roots and childhoods (hello Moomins toys!), and look back on the past whilst focusing on the future.

Image credit: Amy Wilcockson

Image credit: Amy Wilcockson

This person clearly takes the phrase ‘It’s not hoarding if it’s books’ literally! You could make a bookshelf out of your books – very impressive! The lesson we can learn from this fine example of a bookshelf is to be ambitious – you really can take over a whole room with books if you set your mind to it.

Lizzie Robinson and Amy Wilcockson

Featured image credit: Emma Heasman

For more arty features, follow Impact Arts on Facebook and Twitter.

ArtsArts FeaturesEntertainment