Rosa’s Recommendation of the Week – Bunk

Miriam suggests Bunk as the second recommendation in the series.

Cocktails and chicken wings. Need I say more? Bunk is one of my favourite places to go for either a causal drink or a meal with friends in Nottingham and it is perfect for the student budget.

The chilled atmosphere of Bunk makes it an easy place to relax in, with the large sofas in some of the bars giving the place an edgy living room vibe. With three locations in Nottingham and one for those in Derby, this underground bar is a cosy hideaway and even better – it’s affordable for students.

“Prepare to get messy though, there’s no nice way to eat sticky chicken wings.”

Bunk offers 50% off wings and cocktails till 10pm every day, yep, no catches. Every. Day. For just under £15 you can score 50 wings in two sauces of your choice, it’s a dream. I recommend the teriyaki sauce on the classic wings. Prepare to get messy though, there’s no nice way to eat sticky chicken wings.

The only limitation to the food is there isn’t a lot of range, but they do chicken and they do it well. There are vegetarian options as well, so don’t worry if you’re not a meat eater – you won’t be left hungry. If you’re having a side of fries also make sure to order the blue cheese dip – it’s incredible!

” I recommend the English Garden gin cocktail as a personal favourite.”

The cocktail menu is pretty large and for £4.50 a pop it’s easy to drink a little too much by accident. I recommend the English Garden gin cocktail as a personal favourite.

An added bonus is the little retro games cube they have in their bars, make sure you’re stocked up on 20p’s so you can challenge your friends to a game of Pacman.

Miriam Thompson

Featured image and second article image courtesy of Bunk via Facebook

First image courtesy of Bunk Wings via Instagram.

For more Food Articles follow Impact Magazine on Facebook and Twitter. 

FoodFood ReviewsLifestyleNutrition