I can’t promise that it’ll be as good as you mum’s, but this dish is a true winter warmer, perfect for this cold snap.
This recipe makes four servings.
2 rashers bacon
2 tbsp flour
2 chicken breasts
2 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 180°C with deep baking dish. Then slice chicken and bacon, dice carrots and chop garlic and fry on medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil the eggs and cook pasta for 8-10 minutes.
- While everything else is cooking, pour all of the milk and butter into a saucepan on a low heat, then slowly add the flour and cheese and bring up to boil and stir constantly until thick but pourable.
- Remove dish from the oven and pour in pasta, sauce and frying contents. Peel and dice the hard boiled eggs and place them in. Pour in the peas and any additional veg you so desire (don’t worry if they’re frozen. They’ll cook, trust me). Then mix everything together and grate cheese over the top (there’s no limit to how much cheese to use here, just go crazy).
- Place dish back in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is golden brown. Ta dah! You’ve got yourself a gourmet comfort dish.
All images courtesy of James Hurman.