Food

Meet the Team and Their Festive Favourites – Lifestyle

Having met a lot of the Impact Team and discovered their festive favourites, we have reached the last article in the series. We hope that you’ve enjoyed reading about all of the wonderful festive food that this magical season has to offer. From all of us at Impact, we hope that you have a very merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year! 

Name: Charlotte Hegley 

Position: Head of Lifestyle 

Festive Favourite: Celebrations 

This may be the least traditional choice of them all, but in the Hegley household, a tub (or four) of Celebrations is a must. When we all settle down to watch The Polar Express on Christmas Eve, Celebrations are the perfect snack. The wide variety and frankly massive tub means there is always enough for everyone, even if you’re from a big family like I am. And, if you are fussy and can’t stand a certain type of chocolate (I detest Bounty), you still have Maltesers, Twix, Mars, Snickers, Galaxy AND Milky Way bars to choose from.

Name: Inga Becker Hansen

Position: Science Editor

Festive Favourite: Cranberry Sauce

My festive favourite is cranberry sauce! It’s tangy and sweet at the same time and is perfect with your Christmas dinner and your post-Christmas sandwiches!

Name: Esme Johnson

Position: Style Editor

Festive Favourite: Gingerbread

When Christmas season comes around, there’s one thing I can’t wait to eat, and that’s gingerbread. Sweet, a little spicy, with a rich golden-brown hue, it’s the perfect festive treat to nibble on. Gingerbread is crunchy, soft, buttery, and entirely moreish, an essential snacking item for winter. It goes perfectly with other festive drinks like mulled wine, and comes in all shapes and designs, from gingerbread men to Christmas trees to entire gingerbread houses. It’s so diverse and easy to make yourself. Forget any other biscuits; when the temperatures plummet, I’ll be hunting down that gingerbread from morning till night.

Name: Rosa Morgan

Position: Food Editor

Festive Favourite: Cheese Board

It’s almost Christmas?! You gouda brie kidding! I go completely emmental over the Christmas Cheese Board, and there is nothing more deserving of the title festive favourite than this. There is nothing more beautiful than the moment of Christmas Day when your food coma has died down a bit and you know that it’s time to tuck into the Cheese Board. I usually pair Cheese Board favourites such as Brie, Cheddar, Red Leicester, Wensleydale, and Stilton with a variety of biscuits, crackers, chutneys, relishes, as well as grapes and pieces of apple. With such a variety of cheeses and cheese board pairings out there, there is something for everyone!

Words by Charlotte Hegley, Inga Becker Hansen, Esme Johnson, and Rosa Morgan. Words collated by Rosa Morgan. 

Featured image courtesy of Kevin Dooley via Flickr, no changes made to this image. Image license can be found here.

First, second and fourth article images courtesy of Sophie Hunt.

Third article image courtesy of Esme Johnson.

For more Food Articles follow Impact Magazine on Facebook.

FoodLifestyleNutrition