This Spaghetti Bolognese is super simple to make but tastes amazing and is packed full of fresh vegetables. This recipe makes around 3 Bolognese portions, so it’s perfect for prepping at the start of the week ready for when your cooking time is limited.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cooking Time: 50 mins – 1 hour.
1 celery stick
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
2 handfuls of mushrooms
Lean Beef Steak Mince 5% Fat
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper.
- Cut up the celery, onion, garlic clove and mushrooms and fry on a medium to high heat in any oil of your choice till soft.
- With the heat on medium, add in the mince (vegetarian substitutions can be made here) and fry for 5-8 minutes till brown.
- Add in the tinned chopped tomatoes and 1 tbsp of tomato puree and stir together.
- Dissolve a beef stock in 400ml of boiling water and gradually add it to the bolognese.
- Sprinkle in some mixed herbs, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir together.
- Reduce the heat, cover and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil.
- After 25 minutes cooking time, stir the bolognese. The mince should have absorbed some of the stock and reduced down. Leave for another 20 minutes.
- When the water has boiled in the pan, add in the spaghetti.
- Drain the spaghetti and put the bolognese on top. Serve with cheese and garlic bread.
Featured image courtesy of Sian Baldwin.