0 February 20, 2019 14:12
This Spaghetti Bolognese is super simple to make but tastes amazing and is packed full of fresh vegetables. This recipe makes around 3 Bolognese portions, so it’s perfect for prepping at the start of the week ready for when your cooking time is limited.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cooking Time: 50 mins – 1 hour.
1 celery stick
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
2 handfuls of mushrooms
Lean Beef Steak Mince 5% Fat
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper.
- Cut up the celery, onion, garlic clove and mushrooms and fry on a medium to high heat in any oil of your choice till soft.
- With the heat on medium, add in the mince (vegetarian substitutions can be made here) and fry for 5-8 minutes till brown.
- Add in the tinned chopped tomatoes and 1 tbsp of tomato puree and stir together.
- Dissolve a beef stock in 400ml of boiling water and gradually add it to the bolognese.
- Sprinkle in some mixed herbs, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir together.
- Reduce the heat, cover and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil.
- After 25 minutes cooking time, stir the bolognese. The mince should have absorbed some of the stock and reduced down. Leave for another 20 minutes.
- When the water has boiled in the pan, add in the spaghetti.
- Drain the spaghetti and put the bolognese on top. Serve with cheese and garlic bread.
Featured image courtesy of Sian Baldwin.
For more Food Articles follow Impact Magazine on Facebook and Twitter.