Easy Library Snacks

With the second semester well underway, Kayleigh talks us through her top eight library snacks.

As students, we all recognise the far too familiar struggle of going to the library and knowing that you are unlikely to leave for the foreseeable future, due to all the impending deadlines and coursework that really should have been started weeks ago. In attempt to make your library visits a little less tedious, here are eight easy library snacks that are guaranteed to make studying that little bit easier! 

1. Vegetable sticks, such as carrots, celery and cucumber are super easy to prepare and can be combined with a dip, such as peanut butter, turning it into a high protein snack.
  2. Fruit pots are a great library snack, and not only will they satisfy your craving for something sweet, but also consuming fruits such as berries have been shown to improve blood flow to the brain, therefore increasing mental capacity.
  3. A cheaper alternative to fresh fruit pots is dried fruit, which although cheaper still provides many of the same benefits as fresh fruit and also last over multiple library sessions.
  4. Sugar snap peas are full of magnesium and vitamin C so can help you stay alert and fight fatigue when working hard in the library.
  5. Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, so not only will it give you the sugar fix that you crave, but may also help regulate stress levels.
  6. Trail mix, whether made yourself or bought from the shops is the perfect energy boost by providing both protein and fibre, and can be homemade to suit your own tastes.
  7. Yoghurts are a great snack for in the library (as long as you don’t forget your spoon!) as they provide a lot of nutrients and leave you feeling fuller for longer, so you don’t snack too much when studying.
  8. Olives are a great snack; the natural saltiness can stop cravings for more salty foods and can also improve memory.

Kayleigh Moore 

Featured image courtesy of Steven S via Flickr, no changes made to the image. Image licence can be found here

For more Food Articles follow Impact Magazine on Facebook and Twitter. 

FoodLifestyleNutrition