Food

Creamy Vegan Avocado Pasta Recipe

Obsessed with avocados? Impact Food has plenty of new ways for you to enjoy them, try out this deliciously healthy and fulfilling vegan meal!

Ingredients –

• 3 handfuls of spinach
  • 2 avocados
  • 1 cup of soy yoghurt
  • 3 to 8 cloves of garlic
  • 1 onion
  • 1 Pack of spaghetti
  • salt and pepper
  • 2-3 cups of cherry tomatoes
  • olive oil
  • vinegar or lemon juice
  • *optional* cheese, mushrooms, extra avocados and basil

Recipe –

1. Boil a pot of water then leave to simmer. Add some salt if desired then place your spaghetti inside the pot, leave to cook.
  2. Line a baking tray with foil, heat oven to 175C. Place your cherry tomatoes on the tray, add some olive oil and half of your chopped garlic, or you could just add garlic granules. Add a little lemon juice or vinegar over them then leave the tray in the oven for 30 minutes.
  3. While they’re in the oven, and your pasta is cooking, you can make the sauce. Chop up your onion and garlic, roughly, and fry them in a pan with some olive oil.
  4. Add the spinach when the onion and garlic has softened, season to your preference at this point. once the spinach has wilted, take it off the heat.
  5. Now cut up your avocado’s, and place them in a blender along with the yoghurt and your spinach mixture. This is your pasta sauce mix.
  6. When the pasta has cooked , and the cherry tomatoes are sufficiently baked, add everything to a big pot and mix the pasta sauce in, you should have a lovely refreshing dish with plenty of servings available, garnish with basil and black pepper for a touch of class.

Isabel Jury

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more updates!

FoodRecipes