Food

Autumn Warmers: Halloumi, roasted peppers and avocado burger

I am really no chef at all, so when my house-mate made this delicious but really simple meal, I had to copy…

This recipe makes two servings.

Ingredients:

One packet of halloumi

One avocado

One red pepper

Two burger buns

Plain Greek Yoghurt

Four sweet potatoes

Ketchup

Salt

Pepper

Chilli flakes

Equipment:

Large frying pan

Baking tray

Knife

Method:

• Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees
  • Slice up your sweet potatoes into fry size pieces, all of a roughly equal size
  • Slice up the red pepper into thin slices

• Once the oven has warmed up, grabbed your baking tray and drizzle olive oil into it.
  • Add the sweet potato fries into the baking tray, seasoning with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
  • Leave the sweet potato fries for ten minutes (checking regularly they are not burning), then add the peppers (plus some more oil, salt and pepper) into the baking tray and put the baking tray back into the oven for another five minutes.

• Meanwhile, slice the halloumi into thin (or thick, depending how you like them) slices and fry them over a low heat, seasoning with salt and pepper.
  • Slice open the burger buns.
  • Cut the avocado in half, and spread its contents onto the inside of your burger buns, it is up to you how much you use.

• Once the halloumi has cooked (which should take no more than 5-7 minutes), add this into bun.
  • Grab the baking tray out of the oven and place the red pepper slices into the bun and the sweet potato fries onto your plate (plus some ketchup of course).
  • Dollop some of the plain greek yoghurt on top of the peppers, close the burger, and you are DONE.

Charlotte Hegley

Images courtesy of Charlotte Hegley.

If you would like to write for Impact Lifestyle drop us an email at lifestyle@impactnottingham.com.

To keep up to date follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

FoodLifestyleNutritionRecipes