Soup is the perfect meal for both lunch and dinner. This recipe is quick, easy, cheap to make and can be altered to use up your fresh veg!
This recipe makes three servings.
Vegetable stock cube
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 sticks of celery
150g red lentils
3 tbsp butter
1 large onion
1 tsp garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp chilli flakes/ powder
2 tsp oregano
Bread and butter (optional)
- Peel and chop the carrot into small chunks.
- Finely chop the onion and celery.
- Add the butter to the saucepan on a low heat and wait for it to melt.
- Once the butter has melted, bring the heat up to medium and add the onion, carrot and celery, and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, spices, stock cube, water and lentils.
- Bring to the boil, simmer for 30 mins, and voila!
Featured image courtesy of Alana McKenna.