Food Reviews

Impact Food: Nutri2go

Nutri2go is a nutrition café and delivery service conveniently located in AT1Space, Unit 2B on Triumph Road nearby Jubilee Campus.

“I was greeted with a light and airy space with contemporary features”

When walking down Triumph Road the space couldn’t be missed. The exterior and interior provided a very ‘zen’ feel, and I was greeted with a light and airy space with contemporary features, including plants, comfortable sofas, wooden benches and art. I soon learnt that the AT1Space was a shared space containing a yoga workshop and vegan shop along with the nutri2go kitchen. Although a shared space, the décor and vibe flowed between all three businesses, and created a welcoming space.

Upon arrival I was greeted by the founder and director of nutri2go, Jordana Chin. After studying Nutrition at The University of Nottingham, she has taken the business from a small idea in the Ingenuity Lab on campus more than two years ago, to now a successful and much-loved kitchen just around the corner from Jubilee campus.

When browsing the menu, I was able to see Jordana’s influence, her Malaysian heritage puts an authentic Asian twist on nutritious and healthy food, which debunks the assumption that healthy food is bland and boring. After taking a while to decide and asking for Jordana’s recommendations, I decided to settle on the ‘Buddha bowl’ with a tropical smoothie, whilst my guest chose the ‘Protein packed bowl’ and the mixed berries smoothie.

“She always struggled as a student to find any food which was healthy”

Whilst we were waiting for the food I asked Jordana about her business and how she came up with the idea. She said “she always struggled as a student to find any food which was healthy, and so wanted to establish a business which would change that.” She also spoke about the importance of sustainability, an idea ever-present in the shop, which utilises metal straws and uses locally sourced products.

“The food was well presented and featured a range of colours”

Our food arrived and I was instantly satisfied. The food was well presented and featured a range of colours from the different ingredients in the bowls. The ‘Protein packed bowl’ contained a fajita spiced chicken breast, chickpeas, seeds and salad on a bed of couscous, drizzled with olive oil. The chicken was well seasoned and the couscous was cooked to perfection. The olive oil also added a distinctive taste to the dish.

The ‘Buddha bowl’ was similar, showcasing a range of vegetables and pea shoots on a bed of rice and tofu. The tofu was marinated nicely and the extra effort Jordana put in by adding sesame seeds on top of the bowl added more texture to the dish, along with showcasing her obvious passion for food and nutrition.

“Even if you have a big appetite I guarantee you won’t feel disappointed”

Both of these dishes came with an option of carbs, meaning you could choose rice or couscous depending on your preference. The menu was also vast enough that no matter your lifestyle: vegetarianism, veganism is also catered for. The portion sizes are also very big, so even if you have a big appetite I guarantee you won’t feel disappointed.

Along with our food, we also had our smoothies, which were insane. They were very thick and the use of fresh ingredients gave a refreshing and delicious taste that cannot be compared to other smoothies I have tried before. We also had a brownie each, which were made from organic ingredients. They were sweet, tasty and had just the right amount of density. Just how a brownie should be!

Not only were the food, atmosphere and service great, but so were the prices. Both our bowls were priced at £6 each, which is extremely reasonable when compared to other healthy food kitchens. The smoothies were £3.50 which, baring in mind the use of fresh ingredients and the portion size, is great value for money.

“If you’d rather stay healthy in the comfort of your own home you can”

Another great feature of Nutri2go is its delivery service. The service operates in the local area meaning that University Park and Jubilee Halls, Raleigh Park and any other location on campuses can be ordered from. This means that if you’d rather stay healthy in the comfort of your own home you can, and with only a £1 extra charge for delivery, you have no excuses!

It’s also worth noting nutri2go has a great focus on students. Not only is the space so close to Jubilee Campus, but nutri2go also offers 10% student discount, and with a chilled atmosphere and free wifi, it’s hard to believe that anyone would choose Hallward Library as a preferred work and revision spot!

Overall I cannot fault Nuti2go’s atmosphere, food and service. Whether you use the space to revise, or just to grab a bite to eat for lunch walking home from campus, this place is perfect for you. After seeing and trying it for myself, I know it’ll be hard for me to visit anywhere else again!

10/10 (11 if I could)

Emma Heasman

Nutri2go’s opening hours: Mondays and Saturdays 10:00-16:00, Tuesdays-Fridays 8:00-19:00

Hot food served from 11:30-15:00

You can view the full menu online at: www.nutri2go.co.uk

Social Media: @nutri2gouk

Images courtesy of Emma Heasman. 

Food ReviewsReviews