Rosa’s Recommendation of the Week: The Alchemist

Esme talks us through this week's recommendation.

Nestled at the front of the beautiful Grade II listed 11 King Street, just off Old Market Square, The Alchemist is a classy and experimental restaurant with a molecular cocktail menu that will literally blow you away.

The menu is a little limited, especially for the veggies and vegans out there, but the drinks menu is expansive and exciting. Simply perusing the list was a thrill—the embossed gold and beautiful design work heralds a great range to choose from. From a shimmering WoW Woo to a classic Solero, the drinks are inventive and delicious. Choosing some tamer items from the list, it was amazing to see the waiters and waitresses bringing drinks around to the other tables, adding ingredients before your very eyes so make smoke or fire leap from their respective glasses. A dinner and show for sure.

The wait staff were friendly and helpful. They knew exactly what to recommend, exactly when to ask us how our food was, when to replenish our water, and made the experience all the more delightful. High quality food, inventive and delicious drinks, and pleasant staff made the evening a great one.

Although slightly pricier than you average meal, the portions were perfect—just enough to make you feel satisfied, but not absolutely stuffed. The halloumi burger I had was the best halloumi I’ve had in Nottingham, and the skins-on chips were the perfect side dish. The starters and desserts are varied and all delicious. From sharing nachos to a refreshing poke bowl, you are bound to find something you will like.

Aside from the drinks, what really blew me away was the décor. Coppery tables, flickering candles, soft lighting, comfy chairs—The Alchemist has nailed comfort and glamour. It was busy but not cramped, the conversational hum a perfect backdrop to the dramatic architecture of the building. The vibes are slightly mysterious but entirely welcoming—I felt relaxed and welcomed the entire evening.

A perfect place for a romantic evening or a chilled dinner with friends, the Alchemist is the perfect destination to impress and destress.

Esme Johnson

Featured image courtesy of The Alchemist Nottingham via Facebook

Article images courtesy of Esme Johnson. 

For more Food Articles follow Impact Magazine on Facebook and Twitter. 

FoodFood ReviewsLifestyleNutrition