With pancake day rapidly approaching, there’s no better time to try a new and improved pancake recipe. This recipe substitutes the conventional flour, milk and egg batter for a plant-based batter.
This recipe makes approximately six pancakes.
For the batter:
1 cup oats
1 teaspoon coconut oil
190ml coconut milk (or any dairy-free milk of your choice)
For the toppings:
1 Alpro Dark Chocolate Soya Yoghurt
1) Put the oats into a blender and blitz until the oats have the consistency of flour.
2) Add the milk and banana into the blender with the oats and blend until a smooth, batter-like consistency is achieved.
3) Heat up the coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat.
4) Use a ladle to spoon the batter into the pan.
5) Fry until the bottom of the pancake is a golden brown colour. Flip the pancake and cook on the other side until the other side is also golden brown.
6) When the pancakes are cooked, use a knife to spread the contents of the yoghurt pot between each pancake.
7) Sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top of the yoghurt layers.
8) Stack the pancakes on top of each other and enjoy!
Featured image courtesy of Rosa Morgan.
For more Food Articles follow Impact Magazine on Facebook and Twitter.