Stir-fry is my go-to recipe to warm up a chilly day. Healthy, easy and cheap to make, as well as full of taste and flavour, you can’t go too far wrong. You can add as many vegetables as you want and select whatever sauce you want to cater to your own preferences.
This recipe makes two servings.
2 chicken fillets
1 red pepper
1 large onion
1 tbsp oil
Your choice of sauce (sweet and sour, Thai sweet chilli, black bean etc., Aldi has a great selection)
2 chopping boards
A pair of scissors
2 wooden spoons
- Cut up the chicken fillets into small pieces using the knife and scissors.
- Put the oil in the wok and add in the chicken on a high heat until cooked.
- Whilst waiting for the chicken to cook, prepare and chop up the vegetables.
- Add the onion to the wok on a high heat. Once cooked, add the rest of the vegetables.
- Boil hot water using the kettle. Once boiled, put the noodles and water into the saucepan. Boil on the hob on a high heat.
- Add the sauce of your choice to the wok, stir in with the rest of the ingredients and leave to heat up for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the noodles using a sieve when cooked, then mix in with the contents of the wok. Serve and enjoy!
Featured image courtesy of Sophie Hunt.